Monday, January 9, 2012

Trails I'm planning to hike in 2012

                                    Trails I'm planning to hike in 2012

                 This year I'm going to be hiking several smaller trails. Last years A.T. thru hike was awesome and i have my sights on more long distance thru hikes soon. But this year I'll be sticking to trails i can hike in weeks at a time between other things i have planned for my life. I'll be going lite to ultralite for these trails & be using them to fine tune my hiking for my 2013 plans so with a few exceptions most of them will be done in a high daily mileage fashion. I'm also going to try to gain some sponsorship this year because the fact is I'm not rich and not all trails are as easy to acquire things on as the A.T. ( If you know any companies who'd sponsor me let me know)  Below is a list of the trails I'm planning in no real order of when yet. As i know the dates and get more into the planning of each trail I'll blog about them each in more detail and may add or cancel some.

 Check out my blog on my A.T. thru hike here -  http://soway2011atsobo.blogspot.com/ 

   Great Smoky Mountain Nation park section of the A.T. - This is a 71.6 mile section i skipped during my thru hike but plan to do with Wiggles & Ava this spring when it's nice and we can enjoy it.


   Benton MacKaye Trail - The Benton MacKaye Trail or BMT is 300 miles in length and runs from Springer Mountain in Georgia  (sharing the southern terminus of the A.T.) to Davenport Gap in Tennessee. 
  More info on the BMT can be found here -- http://www.bmta.org/


   Mountains-to-Sea Trail -The Mountains to Sea Trail is over 900 miles long and spans from Clingman's Dome (the highest point in Tennessee and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park) to Jockey's Ridge State Park in NC (the highest sand dune on the East Coast). About 500 miles of footpath & a little over 400 miles of road walks and bike paths. I have something special in mind for this trail that I'll blog in length about once i have a plan in place.
   More info on the Mountains to Sea Trail can be found here -- http://www.ncmst.org/




   Want to help me hike? Donate below :)








No comments:

Post a Comment